Thursday, July 5, 2007

Park City Parade


Not your typical Independence Day celebration...but that's how we do things up in the mountains. Must be all this fresh air. I've never seen Main Street with so many people...okay so I haven't exactly been here all that long to make such a statement, but trust me when I say the streets were CROWDED! Click here for a link to the full slideshow of Park City Fourth of July Parade.


Now while this is no Mardi Gras parade on Bourbon Street...it holds it's own. Marching bands, belly dancers, human beer bottles, and my personal favorite, the bagpipes! The weather was perfect too. Just the right amount of heat to have us head down to the City park afterwards for some ice cold beers. Though the line was too long, so we headed back to the house for our own icey Coronas and limes.


Later than night we sat in the backyard and watched the fireworks light up the mountainside. I woud have taken photos of that too, but I was tired, in the middle of a deep and life-altering conversation and frankly sometimes...a picture just wouldn't have done it justice anyways.

I can't wait until next year!




No comments: